Saturday 29 December 2012

New Year, new adventures...

As plans for the new year unfold, it looks like a very exciting time ahead.  I am busily working on a new piece for full orchestra, for premiere this coming March.  If all goes to plan, it sounds like there are some adventures in the works!  A couple of different trips in 2013 (that I'm aware of) to go hear my compositions performed outside my home base of Vancouver, Canada.  Both performances will be outside of Canada... but I'll leave it at that for now, with more details to come soon.

Inspired by an amazing orchestra tour I was fortunate to be part of last summer (when the West Coast Symphony Orchestra toured Albania and Macedonia), I've decided that a travel blog would be a fun way to document any upcoming composing-related travels, as well as a means of keeping in touch with family and friends when I'm away.  If you check back to this blog, you can expect to see some photos and writing about these adventures to come...

Wishing you a healthy, successful, and music-filled year ahead!

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment